Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Taking a water break from dog bathing. We did Lance first since he will stand in the trough without being held until he is released. It took three sessions but we could smell anything after the last one. You have to leave the soap solution on him for about 20 minutes before rinsing but catching the Frisbee while waiting to rinse kept him happy. The vet said to use a solution of Dawn dish detergent, hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. Now we get to start on Sassy but we think Lance got the bulk of the spray. :(

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I needed to take our side-by-side in for maintenance this morning and had another one of those things that made me smile. Hooking up a big trailer can be a minor nuisance hooking up by yourself as you get pretty close, then get out to see which way you need to go one or more times till you get it right. This morning I borrowed a friends 20' trailer and with the backup camera on the new truck, you can see the ball go right under the hitch on the trailer perfectly. :) I know it's not new technology but it is definitely new to me.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I prefer to hitch up alone. Otherwise I'm the guider... 'back a teensy bit more...nono, go that way! I mean the other way! oops too far...' we haven't worked out a hand signal system and dh has a hard time hearing. Getting in and out of the truck six times just seems less complicated.