Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow, $800 for batteries....glad we bought a gas powered one, a $800 surprise like that would definitely upset my day,
But we don't use ours as much as you do, I guess it all works out in the end, sure wouldn't like to have to walk your fence line Mike...it would take me all day with your hills and all that acreage ;)

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
When we were looking for a golf cart we were looking for gas powered. About that time was when my Aunt passed and I bought her golf cart because my uncle said that every time he walked past it, he emotionally went places he didn't want to go. He wanted way below market so it works out in the long run. I use the Polaris for most of my doings but Teresa uses the cart all of the time.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our UT Agent came by today to check out our ram and liked what he saw so we will be swapping probably sometime in September. Two of the biggest sheep producers in the state also have their bloodlines in almost every herd of sheep within 400 miles. That is also the reason I went to northern Missouri to pick up our ram so it works. Also since we only run one ram we can't chance starting with an unproven yearling so we have to make a point of getting proven rams. This rams name is Cooper.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
handsome new ram mike. i crossed to the dark side this year and got a 2 year old katahdin/dorper ram. he has several really nice daughters that his previous owner is keeping so he was looking for a new home. he found one here, at least for a while.

What are your plans for him? We have come a long way with our breeding but we really like the crosses that we started with. Our current bunch look better but they aren't as hardy.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
We called and had O'Reilly order the six batteries and even with a 15% discount they still billed in at a little over $800.
Those things aren't cheap! Of course nothing dealing with vehicles is. It cost just a bit more than that to replace the rear rotors, calipers and pads on DD1's car.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We got the batteries all installed and fully charged only to find that now the golf cart doesn't want to go. Teresa spent a couple of hours all together on the Club Car help line. They kept mentioning wires and several other things that didn't correlate with what we were looking at so we had to stop and take a bunch of pictures to send to the patient man on the other end. Once he saw that what we had wasn't stock, we were now able to do some quick trouble shooting. Evidently when my uncle bought the unit for my aunt, he had upgraded several of the drive units. Once everyone was talking about the same machine, it only took a couple of minutes to identify a faulty solenoid which is now on order.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
So you may not have needed the batteries after all?

None of the batteries would hold a charge like they should so they did need replacing. According to the Help Line, the increase in voltage evidently finished off the solenoid which was original on the cart.

Latest posts