Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today was a bits and pieces day. I got a lot of grass cut and we went out to get a blood sample for the DNA tests for those that we are registering and the several that are great and good enough to record. This is another example of it being nice to having tame sheep. I can walk right up to them and hold them while Teresa gets the blood sample. They don't react at all as long as they get their Animal Crackers.

The new ram Cooper has lost all of any tendency to be skittish and shows the results of being raised as a 4H ram

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I found another treat that Cooper likes better than Animal Crackers. I had a pack of peanut butter crackers on the Ranger that were getting a bit stale so I gave one to Cooper to see what he thought. After he ate that one he kept sniffing my pockets to see where the rest of them were. :)

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our local news was saying that there some meteors or something to view just recently. I don't keep up with it as much as I should I guess. Shooting stars they said, would be visible for several hours... like 10 per hour or something. Did you guys know about it or were they visible down there?

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
We broke out our telescope last night to view the night sky. The Moon and the planets Jupiter and Saturn appeared only a couple of degrees apart when viewed from our house. The view of the Moon has shifted quite a bit tonight but the two planets still appear together.

Oh I saw that! A little neighbor dropped in for a visit. I haven't seen her for a long time -she used to practically live here until she got horses of her own.
It was dark when she was summoned home so I gave her a ride. The sky was beautiful when we went out. I didn't know which two stars they were, but knew it was a special occurrence.