Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
When we were at a lake last week we were fishing just across from the boat ramp and saw a fisheries truck come down the ramp and empty a load of young fish into the water. About 10 minutes later there was a large flock of Terns flying around diving into the water to get their meals for the day.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We winterized the chicken coops today since it's supposed to get down to freezing this weekend. When we finished up we neglected to open the doors up for the chickens so when we went out to secure the doors, there were chickens everywhere except inside the coops. They weren't too stubborn so it only took about 10 minutes to herd them inside.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
The state is letting restaurants open up now but we still aren't going so we had another eat out night in our dining room. :) Teresa made a dish called Chili Lime Steak Fajitas that was awesome.

Chli Lime Steak Fajitas.JPG
Chili Lime Steak Fajitas2.JPG

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have good neighbors. Our sheep are in a paddock that is closer to them than to us and they heard a noise they had not heard before. They couldn't really describe it other than it was a new one so we went out and checked. We couldn't find anything going on and we aren't due to lamb for over two more weeks but I would rather they call several times a day than not.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We brought some problem ewes in this afternoon. We have two that aren't near the condition they should be plus we have one of our senior ewes that has what I'm pretty sure is Lumpy Jaw (the prognosis isn't optimistic but she isn't showing any signs of pain and is in good condition). We pulled fecals on the two out of condition ewes and gave a shot to the other. I figured I would have to use Lance to separate the sheep that we didn't need but it just happened that all of the ewes that we needed to mess with came on their own when I opened the gate. The rest were enjoying flush rye grass so it worked out well.