Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was moving the ewes to fresh grass this morning and took a couple of pictures of a few just because I enjoy watching them. We could start lambing within the next week or so and a few are bagging up. The ten yearling ewes aren't bred this season but will be late spring of 2021. The first picture is Ginger who is one of the sweetest ewes we have and she has been that way since the day she was born. She is the one I have to watch to keep her snout out of my pocket looking for crackers because she has bitten me more than once now as she latches down on cracker crumbs.

The next one is Notag who is one of our oldest sheep and one of the first sheep we brought home. The last ewe (54) is a Grand Daughter out of one of our first ewes and sired by Ringo. She has had triplets each time she has lambed and hasn't needed worming since she was three months old (she is going on 3 years now).

12 Nov 2020.JPG
12 Nov 3 2020.JPG
12 Nov 4 2020.JPG

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I picked up all of the leaves along the driveway using the mower with the bags attached and put them all on the garden beds. There is enough grass mixed in with the leaves that they should compost fairly well.

I'm cutting grass and bringing it to the ewes plus they are getting some feed in the evenings. The plan is to move any ewes that have their lambs into the main paddock by the barn with their lambs.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sassy (our Aussie) communicates extremely well. We were watching a couple of our favorite TV shows that were recorded and evidently she had tried to get our attention a couple of times so she could go out. Since we weren't paying attention to her, she walked over in front of the TV and sat so that her upper body and head was in between the TV and us. :)

Latest posts