Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
There will be 6 of us at my sister's. Daughter and family aren't coming because 13 year old granddaughter got exposed to Covid. :hit We will spend the night tonight and come back tomorrow.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I looked out the living room window to see a set of twins running around and it looks like they were born yesterday evening. That pile in the line of view is one of the garden beds with grass and leaves piled up.

8 and twin lambs 26 Nov 2020.JPG

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I moved the ewe and her two ram lambs into the nursery paddock by the shop and then spent the next hour and a half working with Maisy. She claimed the lambs right off the bat and as soon as Mel even looked like he was going to go toward them, she attacked. I'll spend most of the day out making sure things work out and if not, I'll separate the dogs.

The ram lambs are 9.2 and 9.5 pounds.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Even though Thanksgiving dinner was just Teresa and I we made the kind of meal we always made for company (just less of it). We called friends up the hill and asked if we could make them a plate and Jamie said David wasn't feeling like eating so one plate would be plenty. I imagine it will be. :)

Thanksgiving Dinner 2020.JPG
Thanksgiving Dinner Plate 2020.JPG

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nice surprise (?) lambs? Didn't think you were expecting any this soon but I can't remember. Meal looked real good. Had a good meal at a friends and ate enough that I didn't even feel like dessert..... Should've brought some of them home but I didn't.

We could have had lambs starting on the 17th of this month if they had been cycling when they went in with the ram.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That was a nice Thanksgiving present! :love Twin lambs! Somehow I am not surprised that Maisy staked her claim to the lambs and let Mel know it. :lol: She is a bit bossy.

That looks like a nice Thanksgiving dinner. I know y'all would have loved for your families and friends to have been there, but it is what it is. I think y'all made the most of it. Taking a plate to your neighbors was a kind thing to do. Isn't he the one with cancer? Bless you both for being good neighbors.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I spent most of the day with them and by the time I left, they had called a truce. I wish I had a video of a couple of things. Mel is super smart and knew what was setting Maisy off so he avoided getting around the lambs for most of the time I was out there and stayed with me where it was safe. For whatever reason, the lambs tend to follow Mel around and every time they got close to him he would go off in the opposite direction and never let them get close. He would watch the lambs and then look around to see where Maisy was. :) They have it worked out today and the lambs are good with everything. The ewe is one of our first generation but calm and the lambs have that same trait. Often on day two, lambs want nothing to do with anything or anyone other than their mom but these two come in with her when she comes in for feed and have no fear of people. They come right up and don't mind being handled but they were handled several times on their birth day and their mom never reacted.

Latest posts