Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I totally understand. My mixed breed ewes have taught me and given me the experience I needed. I called them my "learner" sheep and indeed, I have learned. We will be taking them to auction when we wean their lambs. I figure what I get for them and their lambs will buy me a few good registered ewes. they should start lambing this month.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We brought most of the adult sheep in our nursery paddock in this afternoon so we could pull out the ewes that needed worming and pulled another half dozen fecals. We also had one of our senior ewes that was limping so we worked on her hooves. We still have about a week to go before we can give all of the lambs their shots.

The two ewe hold outs are still holding out.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Registered sheep taste just as good as unregistered. LOL
Whaaaaat? And here I thought registered sheep tasted better than unregistered. :th I have been seriously mis-informed. I am crushed with this new found knowledge....... sniffle, sniff :hit Next you're gonna tell me that lamb chops from registered sheep do not come with a copy of the registration certificate! :ep

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Heee Heee Heee

Of course they taste better! :drool The registration certificate is presented to the diners for their approval like the sommelier presents the bottle of expensive vintage. The head diner then savors the flavor before allowing the chops to be served to everyone. No spitting is allowed though. And in our house no criticism of the meat is allowed if the family want to eat here again. Which they do. Frequently.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had one of our very rare snows last night.

Attachments

• Snowy view.JPG
    Snowy view.JPG
    229.7 KB · Views: 69

Latest posts