Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another routine day waiting on Princess to get around to lambing. She had not gone under the poly rope in quite awhile so I thought that problem was gone. Teresa and I were out on the other side of the fenceline and Princess was under it like it wasn't even there. It is hot but she has figured out that she is only going to get no more than one pulse so she just sucks it up. Another of the ewes had watched her go under and thought "I want to try that " and under she came. Soooo, we replaced that almost 500' of poly rope with netting. It was already on hand and we haven't used any of it in awhile. She walked back and forth several times looking really hard trying to find a hole but she finally gave up. She only touched it with her snout once which was enough since it has right at 8k volts going through.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Turns out that 11 members of the get together wound up with Covid so she obviously made the smart choice.
Yes she surely did, good for her. Doesn't matter how many times some people were told to suck it up this one year, they just HAVE to do what they want to do. My 95 Y/O FIL is in the care facility at the retirement community with Parkinson's. Due to the pandemic no one is allowed in, my MIL hasn't seen him for months. Yet a whole lot of people just can't manage to skip one Christmas, one Thanksgiving with family/friends and the infection and death rate shot up.

I keep thinking about all that people went through in WWII. The bombings in England, the devastation of France and neighboring countries. 400K US soldiers died, everyone here had rationing, people of Japanese descent losing everything when they were sent to the internment camps. And now people can't even handle wearing a mask to slow down the progress of this virus that has killed over 400K people.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
One day a couple of weeks ago, I was walking down to the shop and out of nowhere I could taste Tapioca pudding. I had not had Tapioca since I was a young lad that I could remember anyway but no I wanted some. We looked in every store around us and there was no tapioca to be had. We finally looked on Amazon and ordered some and got the taster satisfied this evening. :)

A year or so ago, I really wondered if the cost of Amazon was worth it since we didn't use it all that much but now we use it so much that we get the pay back in a couple of months easily with covid going around. I needed to replace the batteries in my car key fob a few days ago and rather than drive the 15 miles to town, I got on Amazon and ordered the batteries that arrived here the next day.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't bother with Prime. Most everything we buy is free shipping anyway, just a longer wait to get it. There are other Prime "features" but we wouldn't make use of them anyway.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We finally had the final set of lambs. She literally just had the second lamb but she must have had the first before daylight since it is already cleaned off. The lamb that is visible in the zoom picture looks to be close to 15 pounds but the angle is deceiving when they are born with a full winter coat like this one.