Reaction score
I have never shoveled snow. Until now.

I used a Sooper Dooper Pooper Scooper.

1613873979549.png

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Perfectly good for moving snow Bay!
It was slick enough that I couldn't use our tractor since his drive has a fairly steep crown on the outside edge and is angled directly at a deep ditch.

Yep, going to do it by hand or wait for warm weather to melt it. Don't need you and your tractor in the ditch.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
The neighbors didn't wait for the weather to do it's thing and got their car hung up on the drop off on the outside edge of the driveway. That crown that I mentioned earlier. :) We saw them working around their car and took out the binoculars and saw they were side ways on their driveway. I grabbed some come-alongs and chain and fortunately they had a tree close by to use as an anchor. Doing some creative cranking and manual pushes and we were able to get the car straightened out and off of the crown. The ice is melting pretty good and they got their car down the driveway.

We then brought all of the sheep in and started doing weights and the second round of shots for those that needed it. We sorted out a mix of lambs, yearlings and the last of our original ewes going to the sale barn tomorrow morning with 13 head (assuming I can get out of the drive way).

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I didn't take but a couple of pictures today since this event isn't among my favorite things to do. The first picture is the mixed bunch going to market and the second picture is those staying here wanting to get into the stall since that is where they are fed. We are really happy with the keepers this year but I'm going to miss the last of our original ewes not to mention all the others that we have done our best to make their lives the best we could.

Attachments

• Market 2021.JPG
    Market 2021.JPG
    235.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Market keepers 2021.JPG
    Market keepers 2021.JPG
    294.8 KB · Views: 57

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I thought we were going to cancel going to the sale but the Ram went over the ice like it was clear driveway. No prediction on how well the sale will be since they have about 20% of the numbers they usually have because of the bad roads yesterday when they usually receive the majority of what they will have.

I felt guilty again since I didn't even need a buckets as when I got in the trailer so did all the sheep.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Were your older ewes not producing well any longer, Mike? I've often thought I'd love to pic up some really good, but older, ewes but I think most people only let those go when they are no longer maintaining good production or conditioning, don't they?