Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry she's feeling icky. I had a stomach/intestinal thing last year that knocked me for a loop for about 3 days....Never got far from the bathroom..... just tell her to rest and forget everything else... at least you are there... it's harder when you are the only one and know that things need to be done....Sleep as much as she can.... it's the best medicine to let your body fight it off...

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have that bug now but it didn't hit me as hard as it did Teresa. She is about over it now and even went out with me to work some garden beds. We have all of our warm weather veggies ready to plant but we will wait for this hopefully last cold snap to go through.

We have somewhere around 30 tomato plants and about the same number of bell peppers as well as cucumbers, melons and a variety of things ready to plant. Sugar Snap Peas are starting to put on and we have been getting plenty of green onions, lettuce and radishes. I looked in the freezer this afternoon to see how much Asparagus we had in there and there was right at 16 pounds plus we have been eating it just about every day in some fashion. I really like it broke up in a salad.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Funny, well not really "funny", but I was just going to post to ask how she was feeling.... sorry you got it but this time of year something like that usually doesn't last... and you are feeling better faster just because it is nicer outside.... more positive... hope yours goes by quick too.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
The two back tires on our golf cart broke seal so we took them off and took them to the CO-OP to check out. Including the trip to town and back it wound up taking a couple of hours to get it done. We used my ATV jack to work the tires on and off. ATV jacks are a little different critter to use and we made an error when we set the jack up directly behind the concrete pad the the cart was on, When using these jacks they have a tendency to move whatever you are lifting toward the jack when lifting and the jack will go forward which keeps the jack level under the lift.

By placing the jack next to the concrete pad, the movement of the jack wasn't able to happen which meant by the time we got the cart "almost" high enough to put the wheel on, the cart had moved backed 4-5" and the jack was stationary. Long story shortened, after using a lot of scrap wood to block the cart up, we wound up using a farm jack to left it high enough which was high enough that the jack wanted to tip forward but I was able to hold it in place while Teresa got the wheels put back on.

We are going to separate the lambs off the ewes this week so we can let Cooper in with the ewes in a couple of weeks. We will take the only ram that is left to his new home at that time.

Latest posts