Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have been needing to spray herbicide on the driveway but rain has been threatening for the last four days without actually dropping any moisture. I looked at the weather radar early this afternoon and didn't see any activity so I decided to at least spot spray with the portable sprayer around the house and shop. About two minutes after I finished that up it came pouring down. I went ahead and put the big sprayer on the tractor and hopefully I can spray tomorrow morning.

The A/C on our old Tacoma hasn't been blowing cold air plus it was due for an oil change so we dropped that off at the CO-OP this morning. It hasn't been driven very much recently and I'm willing to do without a lot of things but A/C isn't one of them. :)

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Going back to Rusk from Tyler yesterday it got very dark and started to see lightning in the distance. About 15 minutes out of Tyler it started to rain hard, lightning and thunder. By the time we reached Jacksonville the rain was coming down so hard we could hardly see and the lightning was right overhead. When we got to our campsite in Rusk, the rain stopped long enough for us to get into the trailer, then it started again. Lightning and thunder right overhead and heavy rain all night long. This morning it had stopped and the next campsite (empty) was a lake view! LOL

Wish it had rained like that in CA. Actually did storm like that for several years when we had a series of tropical storms come up from Mexico. DD1 was riding her bike home from school and got caught in a flood and washed into the intersection. A man jumped out of his car and pulled her and her bike out of the flood! Our streets always flooded over the curbs and into stores. The city put in storm drains and not so much flooding. Good time! LOL