Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
No bugs in it, meal moths etc it was probably fine but I agree.... pasta is still relatively cheap so better to spend a couple dollars on fresh stuff with all the time and GOOD homegrown ingredients that you put into it.... You can put extra pasta in vacuum bags to keep it fresher....

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Expiration date in 2015! LOL I’ve pulled stuff like that out of the pantry before! So how was the lasagna?

The Lasagna was excellent and Teresa outdid herself with her home made sauce.

Our cucumbers will probably give several neighbors enough to can some. The picture is about what we have been getting every 2-2 1/2 days. We made enough for 6 meals but I guess the reason we don't make it often is because it isn't a quick meal. We definitely work together on something like this. :)

Attachments

• Lasagna.JPG
    Lasagna.JPG
    244.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Lasagna1.JPG
    Lasagna1.JPG
    217.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Cucumbers 17 July 2021.JPG
    Cucumbers 17 July 2021.JPG
    219.2 KB · Views: 59

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I gathered an arm load of zucchini yesterday. Had the granddaughters for almost 2 weeks, ignored the garden. The zucchini went from just starting to bloom to zucchini logs in record time! I’m thinking maybe I can grate zucchini in place of cauliflower rice to make imitation lasagna noodles. I can make a few batches and freeze them. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I gathered an arm load of zucchini yesterday. Had the granddaughters for almost 2 weeks, ignored the garden. The zucchini went from just starting to bloom to zucchini logs in record time! I’m thinking maybe I can grate zucchini in place of cauliflower rice to make imitation lasagna noodles. I can make a few batches and freeze them. I’ll let you know how it turns out.
We got a spiralizer as a wedding present, supposed to cut the zucchini (or other veggies) into noodles to use in place of regular noodles. Haven't used it yet but lasagna sounds tasty.