Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We went to the vet last week to get the meds and everything else for the dogs and cats (sticker shock) and were talking to them about ways to get a wormer into feral cats. Come to find out they now have an oral wormer that can be added to cat food over a three day period. We did the first of the three this morning and it seemed to be a hit. That works for the house cat also since the stuff we had been putting on her skin seemed to cause her to get sick and lose hair.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Her response was that she gets home around 5:00 if I wanted to bring them over. Needless to say that they never got any of the beans.
Sadly, this type response is far to common now. I'd be there before you hung up the phone! 😁 Ive tried to give away eggs and some look at you with suspicion. BUT those who know me jump at the offers. 👍

Last yr during all the Covid crap, empty shelves and all...spring and hens in overdrive...I was able to supply several who were grateful! Even milk to some families. Goats were in full mode, too. 😁

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have been wanting to do some spraying for almost the last week but rain has been in the area every day. Even though the rain was all around us we never got any so this morning I said the heck with it and went and started spraying since nothing was showing on radar. As I got about 1/2 done I could see some showers starting about 5 miles away so I knocked off and cleaned my sprayer. Before I got done with that it was pouring down but since we needed the rain, I'll just spray again the next day no rain is forecast since it seems spraying trips the rain trigger if there is even a slight chance of it.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I haven't posted any food pictures recently but Teresa made a dish tonight that demanded pictures. She made Shrimp and Cod in a Creole Cream Sauce that tasted as good as any New Orleans restaurant serves.

Attachments

• Shrimp and Cod in Creole Cream Sauce.JPG
    Shrimp and Cod in Creole Cream Sauce.JPG
    313.8 KB · Views: 109

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have gotten more than 6" of rain in the last week but it looks like I have zero chance of rain for the next several days that will finally let me spot spray the two paddocks that need it.

I have quit calling the kittens feral and they are officially barn cats now. Whisky is tame enough to sit in a lawn chair with me just purring away. Another of the kittens is where Whisky was a month ago and as long as I don't reach for him he will just rub away on my legs or shoes. Whisky has this thing for cutting in front of me when I'm walking down or up the hill to the shop trying to get my attention. The other two are still skittish but they will come out and go down the hill with me just about every time if they are around the hay barn.

I haven't seen momma cat around for over a week so I'm guessing she has decided they are old enough for her to go on her way. I was hoping to catch her and get her fixed but I missed that chance.