Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We usually buy 4 or 5 at a time and do the same with ribs. My smoker is a pellet grill and it doesn't take many more pellets to cook a grate full of meat as it takes to cook a single. :)

Completely different topic. We bought some sheets and towels from Mypillow a couple of months ago and got more a few weeks ago since we like the quality so much. Mypillow got hit by the cancel culture so he started advertising on most of the major blog sites and selling his products at what used to be the wholesale prices to the big box stores.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I stripped the pepper and okra plants yesterday since the weather forecast indicated it was going to be cold enough for a frost and we did get a heavy one. We wound up with another gallon of peppers and about the same with the okra. We actually have more than we will use between now and the next season but I'll dehydrate some of the peppers anyway. Teresa counted the peppers last week and said there was 26 bags with a little more than a quart of chopped peppers each and I've added another 5 quarts since then. We usually use from 22-24 bags each winter so we aren't too far over but we have given away all the neighbors wanted and I was starting to feel about the peppers the way people do in the spring when trying to get rid of excess squash. So gardening season is officially finished for the year except for adding compost and chopped up leaves. This is the first year in quite a few that we haven't used row covers to extend the season but the freezers are full and the canned goods storage is also about out of room.

Last edited:

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is a nice problem to have. Now the garden will be done until y'all wake it up next spring.

I have several piles of wood chip mulch, I'm giving it to my good neighbor Robert. We are going to clean out the sheep barn and he gets that too.

Robert will make good use of it and that couldn't be going to a better place.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looking at the Kroger shelves says the hoarding is already starting. I just finished an article that said the cost of shipping a container to the U.S. (California) went from $3800 in 2020 to over $17,000 now. The cost to our east coast is over $20,000 according to the article (posted on Breitbart).

Latest posts