Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My surgeon's PA started talking about shots, so I started telling him about my activities. I have found what doctors consider normal activity could be accomplished by shopping at the mall. What is in my realm of normal, especially for a woman my age, is off the charts. Although, sitting around waiting for my farm to close sure is lowering my activity level! I told the PA I wasn't going to waste my time on shots. Fix the durn knee! Now because of waiting on a survey, I have to move surgery back again! Grrrrrrr

Today I'm building a new horse panel pen for Trip and Carson. I enclosed a place for them with access to a back room that needs torn down. But Trip has started peeing on the concrete floor and stinking up the place. I mop, clorox, mop and he does it again. Trip has lost his housing privileges. I understand that he is unhappy, traumatized by everything that has happened in his world, but he is literally pissing me off. He is hiking his leg on my gas grill, WRONG thing to do you dummy dog! So I'll be dragging horse panels around, driving T-posts and coming up with a shelter for Trip and Carson for today's activity. Beats mall walking.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got a severe case of sticker shock this morning when I took all of my fuel cans to get diesel fuel. I didn't spend any time trying to verify but I read an article this morning that says there may be a shortage of diesel, so I figured I had better get my tractor fuel before everyone else read that article. :)

By the way, the shot I got yesterday was a short lived relief so I won't be bothering with those anymore.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Those shots only put off the inevitable. I think you can only get them every 3 months. Steroids further eat away at your bones. Great huh?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had a steroid shot once in each knee when we had exhausted every other avenue and was waiting on all the covid craziness and elective surgery shut downs, so I could schedule. I got ZERO relief and the
"better knee" started to get worse within 2 months. My father used to get them in his shoulder and he got relief but for many I hear they get no relief from them. They do destroy the bone. If you can find a doctor that does some "alternative medicine" see if you can find someone that does Prolotherapy and stem cell injections. I did get some relief and prolonged the left knee surgery. If it had gotten as bad as the right I wouldn't have been walking for the last 2 years. I just wish I had known about it 10-15 years ago....

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Even our off Rd diesel is well over 5 a gal. ☹️. Thankfully. Only for tractor.
Same here. Used to be the off road was about the same price as regular 87 octane gas. Now it is about $1/gallon higher.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cooper got aggressive with me today for the first time in months. I moved them to fresh grass and then broke out the brush to use on him and some of the ewes. I pretty much got all of the loose hair off of him and my ewe Ginger came up for some grooming. I did that for a few strokes and Cooper started pushing me with his head (not butting) and it was pretty obvious he was pushing me away from Ginger so he could get some more brushing.

Latest posts