Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
They like it here but they are renting an Air B&B place built for entertaining. It has 8 bedrooms (and baths) plus a large pool which doesn't quite compare to our two bedrooms.
Haven't they heard of tents? On your pretty property it would be a lovely camping trip.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tents, in late June early July, in the humid Tenn with temps in the 90's ???? Uhm.... I don't think @Mike CHS well would handle the constant showers... Would have been great if they were all 20's and 30's and no one cared about sleeping on the ground.... But I for one would just not be able to get up and down into a sleeping bag.... Much as I hate the fact at this point....

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had thunder in the area this evening that was just enough to keep Maisy from eating. It didn't bother Mel but when Maisy is stressed, Mel gets stressed also so he only ate about half of his feed.

We have a bunch of tomatoes starting to ripen so hopefully we can start to can some pretty soon. The corn is starting to tassel and the melons are growing at an amazing rate.

We have had less than an inch of rain this month so we have had to water the garden beds. I usually mow some of the paddocks fairly early but decided not to do that this year so the graze is doing good for the sheep.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
"Deep" is a pool with a deep end of 7' suitable for diving. Depending on the size of the pool and the depth the pool will heat up or stay pleasant in suer hot temps. A wading pool will heat up enough to bathe your kids! LOL When horse camping with our young children (no showers) we used a muck bucket filled with water in the morning for bathing the kids. By evening it was hot enough to give the little guys a bath.

Latest posts