Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
A little update on our helper of several years (Jay). I hope it is permanent, but he seems to have his stuff together and has a relationship with a girl who seems really responsible. His Grands gave him a parcel of land that he is going to build a house on so we shall see how he evolves.

I'm going to try to tempt the rain to come in today. There has been thunder around for the last three hours but all there has been is noise so I'm going to fire up the smoker and smoke a big Chuck Roast. If there is any rain around that should draw it in. :)

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hope you can entice the rain. We were supposed to get more around noon or so. Nope... cloudy but now radar is showing maybe 4 pm???? It looks and feels like something... very humid and 83.

Went and got the milk and in glass jars and in the fridge here. Made some bacon and eggs for "lunch". Then went out to back the other car up to load the meters and hoses for the owner sampler farm, and then load all the boxes of bottles for the 500 cow herd. Got in car and key is in ignition and turned on... I remember I had run out to put the windows up yesterday when I was doing the potting and the lightning and rain was starting.... :he. DUMMY forgot to switch key off as I was rushing... DEAD Battery. Normally, I take the key out of the ignition and put it on the dash or in the cup holder so I don't have to listen to that beep beep beep.... So put charger on it and will have to give it a little. Put on 10 amp charge... usually takes 2 hours at full charge... but should be able to use the "start" function in a little bit and get it going. Don't want to let it sit and run to charge so will let it charge up some first. Always something...my own fault.

Got the bottles in the tray for the farm I will drop stuff off for. Got the boxes ready to go in car for the big herd too. But I want to get the hoses and meters in the back first. Need to clean out the front seat for DS to have room. Get a few pkgs of snacks, and a couple bottles of water and maybe some tea for later too.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That’s good news about Jay. He wasn’t too terribly messed up, but he was teetering on the edge. He just had to get out in the world, figure things out and grow up. His grandparents are probably real happy to see this turn of events.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are still keeping our fingers crossed with Jay but we REALLY want him to succeed. He almost seems one of our kids and it hurts when they fall.

Teresa got back from Tulsa last night tired but content from the family visit. Her and the kids planned the menus and Teresa shopped and took all of the food with her (some prepared and most not). They figured it pretty accurately as she brought back coolers without a whole lot in them.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Some might remember back in February that a couple of ewes got through a gate and in with the ram Cooper. I have been watching for the last few days just in case and when I went out to change out their water this afternoon, my 52 ewe was out there with trips (two boys and a girl).

Attachments

• 52 two rams one ewe 9 July 2022.JPG
    52 two rams one ewe 9 July 2022.JPG
    302.1 KB · Views: 51