Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't envy the folks further south since we have only had a high of 95 degrees that feels like 105. I'm doing my chores in the morning since I'm getting to the point where I am done by early afternoon. I am still trying to get the Perilla Mint under control so I did spray a couple of paddocks that aren't needed yet.

We are house sitting some friends that has done some extensive planting not to mention they are a major rescue source so they have a ton of new plants to take care of not to mention a whole lot of dogs. :)

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
The temp is going to be in the 88-91 range for the next several days which is a pleasant change. It was nice enough yesterday that I only had to go out and change water one time. Maisy uses the water troughs to cool down when it gets hot enough but I can't fault her for that. Mel tried it once that I know of but he thinks it is too much like a bath so he doesn't get into it like Maisy does.

The garden beds are doing great and we are getting plenty of corn along with enough squash to keep us and the neighbors happy. Quite a few melons are getting close to harvesting and the fruit trees are giving us all that we can use.