Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Shellymay

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
@Mike CHS, we use Chaparral here, it works great on all broad leaf weeds, note it will kill your clover also so if you like the clovers don't use, but it will kill your weeds and could be a good spot spray option for you....

Attachments

• Chaparral_Difficult_Weeds_Brochure[1].pdf
    246 KB · Views: 61

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, it can kill any ruminant that eats it. However, they do not like it and normally will not touch it unless their forages get scarce. It is more likely to be eaten in the fall when other green growth is gone... or during drought conditions. It is an invasive, and is thought to kill more cattle in Tennessee than most any other plant. That is why @Mike CHS is wanting to spray and kill it. It is only a little less deadly when dried and mixed into hay bales. Affects their airways, and there is basically no treatment for it.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Does it grow in northeast TX? Tat is the problem with moving to a location halfway across the country - all the foliage is different. Here we recognize the poisonous plant and have rooted them out of our property. In Texas we won't recognize them. Even more reason to keep our cattle tenant on the property with us. He arranges spraying for bad stuff an will recognize it.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
It has rained off and on for most of the day and we wound up with a little over 1 1/2".
We did a bunch of cooking for future meals and have a choice of roasted turkey breast or Chicken Schnitzel for supper.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
:drool Stop posting such delicious food information!!! I can't let my family read Mike and Theresa's posts. They already think I am a lazy and bad mom - seeing what Mike and Theresa cook would just confirm it.

Tonight we are having leftover Taco Pie. The original Taco Pie was made from - leftover casserole! That casserole was made from - Wait for it! Leftover Sloppy Joes! I get a lot of mileage out of food in this house feeding 5 adults. Anyone who won't eat leftovers goes hungry.

The Sloppy Joes were leftover from DDIL2's dad's BD party/DDIL baby reveal. Everyone ate the Tri tip and ribs so it was sent home with DS2. I froze 2 large Ziploc bags of it. Mainly ground meat so was able to add seasoning and convert it easily to other meals. Still have one bag left.