Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I want it to fit in my pocket, I don't want to worry about it getting broken; my DS has gone through 3 or 4 in the last 18 months; I hate the size they are. I have a computer at home for things I need to look up
OMG are you my twin?? The dang phones keep getting bigger and my pocket is the same size as aways. The stupid phone hangs out of the pocket. More often it FALLS OUT. HA - I was backing the tractor the other day (using the box grader), saw something on the ground - thought 'just run over it' - then I realized it was my phone. GEEEADDD. I use my phone less and less, and even leave it behind <gasp>. It's great for texts, calls, email (occasionally) and photos.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
OMG are you my twin?? The dang phones keep getting bigger and my pocket is the same size as aways. The stupid phone hangs out of the pocket. More often it FALLS OUT. HA - I was backing the tractor the other day (using the box grader), saw something on the ground - thought 'just run over it' - then I realized it was my phone. GEEEADDD. I use my phone less and less, and even leave it behind <gasp>. It's great for texts, calls, email (occasionally) and photos.
Yep... we must be twins.....The last time I leaned over on the tractor, raking hay, I lost the phone out of my shirt pocket that didn't have a snap to "close it"... DS was there and I had him call it as I had an idea of where I lost it... found it under a windrow of hay... at the end of the row, and I had run over it with the tractor wheel (tell tale tread mark) and it worked fine....

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Can't put those danged phones in a jeans pocket and be on the tractor for hours.... and what good is it if it is in the little tool box on some of the fenders (but not all of ours have tool boxes) if it won't fit, and surely doesn't fit in the front shirt pocket even when I wear a man's shirt... I like my flip phone in my jeans pocket and it will stay there sitting on the tractor or trying to sort cows and one hits the gate hard or anything. I learned my lesson that time it was in the front shirt pocket... and now I just pull it out of the jeans pocket after a couple rows or rounds around the hayfield, in case someone has called I need to talk to....

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have lost track of how many Bell Peppers were processed this garden season but it has been a bunch. The plants started out really well but slowed down during the hottest weather. They have since been putting on enough for us and the neighbors to put some up. This bunch were picked today and the majority of them were picked from plants that needed the peppers thinned or branches were going to start breaking.

I got the last of the Pirela Mint pulled up today since that seemed to be the only way I was going to beat it (at least temporarily). S[raying it this time of year would have done no good since this cooler weather has them all setting seed and all spraying would have done was to cause them to drop the seed. I have learned that if I'm going to beat it, I'm going to have to spray early and then spray more to stay on top of it. I have been pulling them for a couple of hours a day for the last five days and I'll still find more if I look. Two of our eight paddocks don't have any of the mint but I beat them back a couple of years ago. Up until today I was getting from 3-4 bed loads in our Polaris Ranger.

Attachments

• Peppers 23 Sep 2022.JPG
    Peppers 23 Sep 2022.JPG
    197.1 KB · Views: 25

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I went and picked up the lamb for the night and Maisy did something she had never done before and we have had her over four years. Whenever I go to do something with Maisy, I always squat down right in front of her and scratch around her ears as we are almost nose to nose. Maisy has never licked me but she just likes her contact. So tonight, I don't know if she was stressed out because she was tired of getting poked by the lamb looking for milk or if she was stressed out because she knew the lamb was leaving. When I squatted down in front of her, she immediately started licking and didn't seem to want to stop. :)

Latest posts