Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve had one lamb born so far. One. Uno is one month old and the ewes aren’t even bagged up yet. In April Ringo was chasing Eve, and again in May. She may/may not be pregnant. I saw Ringo breed Frimplepants on April 25, making her due September 17…….. a little overdue. She is hugely round but not bagging up yet. Ewenique is pregnant, no bag, Nova and Nora both look pregnant, Tiny I don’t know.

For a breed that is supposed to breed all year around, somebody forgot to tell my and yours ewes!

Uno got the message. He’s been humping the ewes since he was about a week and a half old. They line up at the trough in the evenings and he goes down the line humping them all.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Teresa's military ID is about to expire so she got on and made an appointment for this week which she said was for today at 1:30. I was listening to something on TV this morning and somebody mentioned today is Columbus Day so I asked Teresa if she was sure her appointment was for today since it's a Federal holiday. The printout said it is for the 11th so I'm glad that we caught it before driving the hour and a quarter it takes to get to Arnold Air Force Base. :)

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Teresa must be a youngster still. I got my dependent mil id renewed this year and finally got an indefinite one since I pass the magic milestone of 65. Nice not to have to go do that. For us it isn't the actual doing, being in the office and getting a new picture taken, it is the travel time there and back that eats up most of the day. Sigh.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thought I would get one last garden related picture before we start processing all of these peppers. We did get a heavy frost so it was time to put that bed to rest. I have limed all of the beds and most of them are cleaned up or planted with cool season plants.

Attachments

• pepper harvest before frost 9 Oct 2022.JPG
    pepper harvest before frost 9 Oct 2022.JPG
    218.3 KB · Views: 37

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have been working on getting the ram to come when called and he is doing good so far. He seems perfectly content to stay where he is but we need to use the facilities with the others so we need him to move out. We have made it a point to have Teresa down when I handle the boy quite often and we switched places this morning so Teresa put the food out. He came right in when she started talking to him and came right up for his cracker before going to the feed so he is getting there.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We processed a bunch of asparagus berries to save the seed today. We have been planting some seed for the last few years as we expanded our asparagus bed but we are going to start another asparagus bed next spring. The majority of the crowns in our main bed are over 10 years old and we transplanted them here when we moved from
South Carolina.