Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Why do they get themselves into positions like that.....? Just like our cow, she had the one dead calf, DS thought that was it... why did she get herself on that little bit of a hump, back down the hill to have the 2nd one... no telling if it had been alive or not.... but she couldn't get herself rolled over enough to get up and being weak anyway, that was it.
So sorry that you lost her...

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We thought we were going to lose Ringo over a similar thing. He had a boil that we wanted checked and of course the vet had to give him a shot. We got home and everything seemed fine and luckily I looked out just as he was laying down and he parked his butt next to a big boulder that putt him flat on his back. He started struggling immediately but I got out there pretty fast.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had a goat who butted a young, way smaller one yesterday while I was tossing hay. No doubt she'd have died had I not been there. Landed with neck under, on side, head twisted backwards 😲. Surprised it didn't break her neck! But she could not get head out or flip onto sternum....would have strangled to death. Strange things happen.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had a goat who butted a young, way smaller one yesterday while I was tossing hay. No doubt she'd have died had I not been there. Landed with neck under, on side, head twisted backwards 😲. Surprised it didn't break her neck! But she could not get head out or flip onto sternum....would have strangled to death. Strange things happen.
Good thing you were there and saw that. Bad goat! BAD!

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think I finally got over the worst of this flu bug. I have never had one kick my butt like this one did and hopefully never again. I still don't have much of a voice but I can make enough gutteral sounds to make the sheep react, including Oshi. I will never trust that boy but he is to be admired. He has learned to respect my space as he knows I won't affect his.

I just spent about an hour reading the events around Elon Musks adventures on Twitter and I'm pretty sure he will never be attributed but he has to be the bravest person in this century. I won't say anything else since it might hurt someones feelings.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m so glad you are getting better. It’s so hard to do chores outside when you feel horrible. The flip side of that is it keeps you on your feet, you get exercise, like it or not.

Elon Musk is one interesting guy. I like his style.