Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
HA!
I kinda think that trying not to hurt someones feelings is part of what started this mess many moons ago.
Say your peace when and where you want. Others need to learn they can deal with it. :)

I guess I should have used a smiley face or something. :) I'm at the point in my life that if I say something that hurts your feelings, You really need to quit listening since I don't care what your reaction is. :)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well I reckon y’all know where I stand on speaking my mind. I try to be polite about it, Southern style.

I went to San Antonio to visit friends. We went to the Alamo and the River walk. Decided to take the boat ride. We got on, a man and 2 ladies did too, sitting next to me. The man was a loudmouth, running down Texas. Now most times I can ignore people like that, but I had just come from the Alamo, the shrine of Texas freedom. That loudmouth just rubbed me the wrong way.
I politely asked, “Where y’all from?
One of the ladies answered, “Southern California.”
I answered sweetly in my best Southern accent and Texas drawl, “Bless your heart.”

The look on their faces was priceless. Evidently they had been to Texas or elsewhere in the South to know I had just told them, “Y’all are stupid.” Loudmouth shut up and the boat ride was peaceful.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well I reckon y’all know where I stand on speaking my mind. I try to be polite about it, Southern style.

I went to San Antonio to visit friends. We went to the Alamo and the River walk. Decided to take the boat ride. We got on, a man and 2 ladies did too, sitting next to me. The man was a loudmouth, running down Texas. Now most times I can ignore people like that, but I had just come from the Alamo, the shrine of Texas freedom. That loudmouth just rubbed me the wrong way.
I answered sweetly in my best Southern accent and Texas drawl, “Bless your heart.”

The look on their faces was priceless. Evidently they had been to Texas or elsewhere in the South to know I had just told them, “Y’all are stupid.” Loudmouth shut up and the boat ride was peaceful.
:somad
:smack:smack:yesss::yesss::yesss:

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Love ya' @Baymule -- you are priceless. :) 👍 and far kinder than I would have been (and I'm sitting in SoCal)!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coyotes have been active, howling and too close lately. The dogs bark their warning. I’ll step out on the porch and praise the dogs and talk to them. They stop to listen to me, then go back to their vocal war with coyotes. Good dogs.

Ground is white with frost, it’s cold outside. Sheba and Sentry are staring this way, waiting for me to come outside. I just got another cup of coffee. My Carharts and hoodie sweat jacket are draped over a dining chair. Rubber boots in the utility room. After this cup, I’ll suit up and go out to greet the day.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have had quite a few nights with temps down around freezing but the row covers are doing their job. Teresa just brought up a batch of Kale and lettuce along with a head of cabbage.

Attachments

• Kale cabbabe and lettuce 16 Dec 2022.JPG
    Kale cabbabe and lettuce 16 Dec 2022.JPG
    305.7 KB · Views: 25