Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just listened to what I think is a new release by Dolly Parton. It is a really easy listen entitled "Don't Make Me Have To Come Down There." It has a lot of references to what she thinks God would say so whether that is your thing or not it is a song that made me smile.

Last edited:

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our breeding schedule underwent a major readjustment. The vet came out and did ultrasounds on the 6 ewes that should have lambed by now and if I'm asked how young can a ram start breeding, my answer is different than what it would have been yesterday. Two of the ewes are bred with one estimated due in mid March and the other one due early April.

Two of the remaining 4 are open and since this is twice now for them, they both go to the sale. The other two were young when they were exposed to the ram so they get another shot. There were no ram lambs older than 3 months in with them based on their estimated lambing time but now we are wondering how many of the other 30 are already bred.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
The temps out are low enough that I broke out the clothing I used to wear when I worked in Antartica. We have so few days like this that I guess I have gotten spoiled. The water for the main flock was froze but not solid but the water out in the field for the ram and his girl was froze enough that I had to use a hammer to break it so I could dump it and replace with fresh water. We are supposed to have a bit of a warming trend later in the week without all of the daily rain that we have been having so I'm looking forward to that.