Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve read your whole journal finally! It’s been very interesting reading along and I can’t wait to see what the future holds!

I’ll say a prayer for your recovery from your shoulder surgery. Best wishes on the rest of your lambing.

I’m interested in seeing what the spotted ewe throws. Didn’t she have two black does last year? I’ve only seen one in the pics. Is she bred too? That would definitely increase your chances for color!

I love how self-sufficient you and Theresa are when it comes to making your own foods/preserving/seasoning.

Cheep Cheep was an interesting twist and I hope she makes an appearance again in the spring!

Interestingly enough, partway through I wondered why you didn’t have a cat. Needless to say I couldn’t help but grin when you mentioned the kitten showing up. I personally like black cats and ignore the superstitions. ;)

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve read your whole journal finally! It’s been very interesting reading along and I can’t wait to see what the future holds!

That was a lot of reading and I hope it wasn't too painful. )

The spotted ewe did have twin black lambs but she had been bred to a black ram. We lost one of them to Barber Pole Worms due to my lack of knowledge. What color there is this year is coming from our ram Ringo who has color in his lines but his only color is a black spot on one ear.

The black ewe is still too small to let breed and if she doesn't grow she will be a cull soon. Her mama is bred and is definitely carrying twins and possibly trips.

Last edited:

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
And I read them all on my phone! Lol. I think it might be a bit easier on a tablet or monitor but I make use of what is at hand.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have been having some issue with the Akbash pup for a couple of weeks now with him going after the ram when he gets near me. I at first thought it was jealousy because he has gotten into it with Maisy a few times. I watch his body language and it's pretty predictable when his switch gets thrown. This morning though when he went after the ram I started to get on to him when Maisy went at the ram also. That was a first for Maisy but it made the light go on in my little pea brain. It appears that Thor wasn't attacking the ram due to resource guarding me, rather it was because he thought the ram was coming at me. I didn't realize it until Maisy also went after him so unfortunately Ringo won't get any animal crackers from here on out. He comes trotting towards me looking for a treat so it looks like I was setting Thor up. He was going after the ram thinking the ram was coming at me. I'm so glad these dogs patiently wait on their partners to figure things out.