Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
They can be as bad as any of these guys. I was around his litter with both the parents and was amazed at how serious they seemed. He is the least playful pup (so far) that I have known but I'm guessing that is because he mimics everything Maisy does. Maisy is very deliberate moving around the sheep unless she sees something along a fence line and then it seems like she sprouted wings.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Merlin was like that. Amazing how fast a dog that big can run.

The boys were alerting on something out by the woods today. I could not tell what it was. Not the turkeys, no deer. I got the binoculars from the house and went back to their gate at the barn. I finally spotted a gray tiger stripe cat walking along at the edge of the woods. Those boys have damn good eyesight. I couldn't see the cat without the binoculars even when I knew it was there.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow, been so busy I just finally caught up and had time to reply!

Congrats on the puppy..... He is so darn cute!

And I can't wait to see the lambs this season!

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Merlin was like that. Amazing how fast a dog that big can run.

The boys were alerting on something out by the woods today. I could not tell what it was. Not the turkeys, no deer. I got the binoculars from the house and went back to their gate at the barn. I finally spotted a gray tiger stripe cat walking along at the edge of the woods. Those boys have damn good eyesight. I couldn't see the cat without the binoculars even when I knew it was there.

Maisy has been on the perimeter more in the last week or so that anytime since we have had her and I'm hoping it isn't the coyotes getting braver. I went down this morning about 2:00 when both her and the pup were raising heck but didn't see anything. I have a low light scope on the rifle but never saw anything. If nothing else, Maisy seemed happy that I was checking things out. When I went down this morning to let the sheep into the electric netting I saw that something had gotten tangled up in the fence and when Maisy came down she looked like a Beagle sniffing the ground all around so I'm not sure if it was a deer or something else.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow, been so busy I just finally caught up and had time to reply!

Congrats on the puppy..... He is so darn cute!

And I can't wait to see the lambs this season!

You have had an awful lot on your plate for awhile now. :)

I'm really liking this breed of dog but we shall see when he gets a bit older and a whole lot bigger. :)

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
You have had an awful lot on your plate for awhile now. :)

I'm really liking this breed of dog but we shall see when he gets a bit older and a whole lot bigger. :)
Yeah, we have and things just keep getting crazier but life is good. I will try to update my journal asap. I've been slacking in that.

Yeah, I can see why with his adorable little face..... And he sounds like he is great!

AKbash?

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We actually had a few days off of the farm. Teresa's daughter got married this week and all had a wonderful visit in Asheville, NC. Two huge houses were rented and all together we had a wedding party of about 40 or so people.

Latest posts