Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
The ribs turned out perfect. We only had a sample since we are expecting company tomorrow for lunch which is why we had to cook them today. The beef ribs got stuck at 188 degrees for over an hour and then the fat finally broke down. I guess my cooking isn't herd related except everything I cooked came from our herd. :)

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
boy those ribs looked yummy! it sure feels good to know where your meat comes from doesn't it. i'm going to try that lamb marinade looks like it will be good too. I am so glad i'm not the only one who spoils their chickens, lol. e d is being so nice to deliver her eggs straight to the house. I have to go after mine.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our helpers Grandfather came by this afternoon and wanted to pay for two of the ewes they are going to buy. They are going out of town for the Thanksgiving weekend and want to pick up the sheep right after they get back. Not being extremely superstitious but somewhat I told him they can pay when we load them into the trailer en-route to their house.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My Mother had a reaction to nightshades in her 50"s and had to give them up. But after a few years she could eat them again, in moderation.

Use some of that fantastic goat cream and make Alfredo sauce for your lasagna.

What is Emeril Essense and where do you get it?

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I "herd" the word "work" and decided food was a better alternative... followed by my recliner :plbb:drool;)
sleepdrool2.jpg

Maybe Emeril Essense is referring to chef Emeril Legasse of cajun cooking fame who always yelled "BAMMM" while adding copious amounts of red pepper "essence" to his food...
http://emerils.com/

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
My Mother had a reaction to nightshades in her 50"s and had to give them up. But after a few years she could eat them again, in moderation.

It is a Creole seasoning that most stores I've seen carry or you can make your own - I do:

Latestarters link has it:

Ingredients
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
  • 2 tablespoons salt
  • 2 tablespoons garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon onion powder
  • 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
  • 1 tablespoon dried thyme

Latest posts