Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ya can always leave contact info with your regular customers at the mkt and they will buy yr round, and it is during the period of slack-off too for production. There is always something to do with them....:)

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Will you get a second LGD as your sheep numbers go up also? 6 dogs? That's a lot of dogs!

We want to get one more LGD for now and probably another eventually because of the way we are going to have our place set up. We will have more Border Collies but how many all depends on the dogs.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good luck with the ducks. I raised Pekins once and couldn't get them in the freezer fast enough! They were nuts. They never shut up-quacked all night long and I don't think they ever slept. LOL That said, I'm getting Muscovies from @goatgurl today! And I am excited to be getting them.

I have Delawares and have found them to be the meanest durn chickens I have ever had. But they are also good foragers and go places my placid red sex links never even thought about going to. Their eggs are medium size and everything I read about them said LARGE brown eggs. They are a disappointment for sure. I am getting an incubator and might keep them, get a RIR rooster and breed my own red sex links. You could do the same. Red sex links lay like crazy, I love them. They do tend to have scrawny little bodies, so not a lot of meat on old hens. But still worth butchering.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have some really convoluted logic going on at our place. We were at the COOP picking up some Purple Hull Pea seed and right next to the seed rack was two tubs with poultry in them. They had a bunch of straight run Buff Orpingtons. We didn't get a rooster with the 3 Buffs we got the other day but we do want a rooster so figuring if we get 6 chicks at least one of them will be a rooster we bought 6 of them.

Then somehow or another, three turkey poults wound up coming home with us also.