Terramycin for weepy eye

Fishychix

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Finally! I managed to get some oxytetracycline (terramycin) for my rabbit whose been having discharge from his eye. Of course this is after I finally managed to get him a vet appt for next week. My question is how much and how often to put it on each eye?

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Finally! I managed to get some oxytetracycline (terramycin) for my rabbit whose been having discharge from his eye. Of course this is after I finally managed to get him a vet appt for next week. My question is how much and how often to put it on each eye?
I put approximately a 1/4 inch on my finger and then gently pressed it against the eye. Sometimes I got it in sometimes just on the edge of the eyelid. I did it once a day until it cleared. Warning first rabbit hated it and clamped on my thumb. Thank God for welders gloves. Second rabbit not a problem. Never moved more than tilt his head. Good luck.

Fishychix

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I put approximately a 1/4 inch on my finger and then gently pressed it against the eye. Sometimes I got it in sometimes just on the edge of the eyelid. I did it once a day until it cleared. Warning first rabbit hated it and clamped on my thumb. Thank God for welders gloves. Second rabbit not a problem. Never moved more than tilt his head. Good luck.
Thanks! I‘ll do that. Hopefully he‘ll done fine, but .. yeah 😁