TEXAS

The Chick Addict

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi, just joined up. We live east of Van Alstyne, TX, in an unincorporated township called Cannon. If you do one of the map functions (mapquest, etc.) for Cannon, TX, you get our next door neighbor.

We have chickens, so I joined BYC maybe a year ago. Several months ago, maybe February?, we bought two bucklings (?) at the Bonham Trade Days, and brought them home. We knew nothing, fortunately they were pretty hardy. They are very small. Nubian? Pygmy? Daughter who is responsible for them coming to us (Please, Ma? Please?) named them Matthew and Mark. So they are Maddie and Markie, of course. Cute as they can be and purely pets as we have 12 acres but no does.

Anyway, already having a very nice time here--cannot wait to cough at the boys when they buck at us the next time!

Christine
Hello! I'm 25 minutes away from you! I'm in between Sherman and Whitewright!

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hello Y'all! I'm a proud Texan and I live in the Texoma area. I'm in between Sherman and Whitewright and I love living the country life!

Welcome @The Chick Addict! :frow I am also a proud Texan living in North Texas! My DH and I are SE of Sulphur Springs. We celebrated our eighth year here in January. :celebrateWe have 12 Myotonic goats and one of our does is expecting the first week of July. We also have chickens, ducks, guineas and two amazing Maremma LGDs.

We are so glad to have you join us here on BYH!!!

The Chick Addict

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hello Y'all! I'm a proud Texan and I live in the Texoma area. I'm in between Sherman and Whitewright and I love living the country life!

Welcome @The Chick Addict! :frow I am also a proud Texan living in North Texas! My DH and I are SE of Sulphur Springs. We celebrated our eighth year here in January. :celebrateWe have 12 Myotonic goats and one of our does is expecting the first week of July. We also have chickens, ducks, guineas and two amazing Maremma LGDs.

We are so glad to have you join us here on BYH!!!
Thank you so much! It's great to know I have such close neighbors! :woot💚
:D =D