Thank you All

Kristi Martin

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
My Llama, Keith seemed to have problems getting up and with balance. The first day I thought he may just be sore. We had ice the night before I thought he may have twisted something. I had checked his legs and they all seemed fine. The next day he could not get up! It was MLK weekend. My llama vet was out of town.
I looked up what could be wrong. MENINGIAL (sp) WORMS. GOING TO HIS BRAIN. I went immediately and got Safeguard I started him on huge doses. I did that for nine days. The first two days he was down. I was heartbroken and so was his buddy Mick. Then day three he started trying. My husband and I got him up manually everyday. Everyday he seemed a little better. Today he is UP. Up on his own when I went out. Pacing to get to his buddies in the pasture! THANK YOU! Thank you ALL FOR HELPING ME. I couldn’t be more grateful for a group of people sharing their knowledge! Now that I can capture them all in my little ban everyone will get dewormed! It a beautiful day thanks to all of you!

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
My Llama, Keith seemed to have problems getting up and with balance. The first day I thought he may just be sore. We had ice the night before I thought he may have twisted something. I had checked his legs and they all seemed fine. The next day he could not get up! It was MLK weekend. My llama vet was out of town.
I looked up what could be wrong. MENINGIAL (sp) WORMS. GOING TO HIS BRAIN. I went immediately and got Safeguard I started him on huge doses. I did that for nine days. The first two days he was down. I was heartbroken and so was his buddy Mick. Then day three he started trying. My husband and I got him up manually everyday. Everyday he seemed a little better. Today he is UP. Up on his own when I went out. Pacing to get to his buddies in the pasture! THANK YOU! Thank you ALL FOR HELPING ME. I couldn’t be more grateful for a group of people sharing their knowledge! Now that I can capture them all in my little ban everyone will get dewormed! It a beautiful day thanks to all of you!
1st of all.. Welcome to the forums. If its gonna be that complex of a concern. we can talk about this here any longer.. you need ti act fast.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score

That's great! So glad he has recovered.

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
That's great! So glad he has recovered.
Yeah... Its really saddens me when pets feel something they cannot tell us... you can only see their expressions, and sometimes they really can tell us exactly what they feel.