Thanks for the add, Virginia hobby farmer here!

Ambriza Farm mom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi, I joined because I was looking online for threads about Pyrenees behaving badly with baby goats and I liked a lot of the information that was coming from this group so I thought I’d add myself. We added a second Pyrenees who was 10 months to our three year old Pyrenees and they’ve been getting along great and they have not really bothered the goats until the goats started kidding and we found that they had killed one of the baby goats we were able to save the other one and are bottlefeeding it. Today another goat had a baby and the younger Pyrenees is being so aggressive to it we had to pull him out of the goat field. I’m wondering if getting him neutered now would be the best option normally people I know with Pyrenees wait until there about two. Or maybe he’s just not the right Pyrenees to be on a goat field I know he was with chickens and turkeys before but he seem to be doing fine until they started having their babies. Any suggestions would be great!

Attachments

• 2AD0904E-32C4-49CA-932E-01614F6B9946.jpeg
    2AD0904E-32C4-49CA-932E-01614F6B9946.jpeg
    337.2 KB · Views: 65
  • A0339309-8FF3-48DB-B939-3ED31CEE4109.jpeg
    A0339309-8FF3-48DB-B939-3ED31CEE4109.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 63

Madhouse Pullet

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi, I joined because I was looking online for threads about Pyrenees behaving badly with baby goats and I liked a lot of the information that was coming from this group so I thought I’d add myself. We added a second Pyrenees who was 10 months to our three year old Pyrenees and they’ve been getting along great and they have not really bothered the goats until the goats started kidding and we found that they had killed one of the baby goats we were able to save the other one and are bottlefeeding it. Today another goat had a baby and the younger Pyrenees is being so aggressive to it we had to pull him out of the goat field. I’m wondering if getting him neutered now would be the best option normally people I know with Pyrenees wait until there about two. Or maybe he’s just not the right Pyrenees to be on a goat field I know he was with chickens and turkeys before but he seem to be doing fine until they started having their babies. Any suggestions would be great!
Thank you for sharing! They're so cute :) welcome to BYH! There is a ton of information. Have a look around the forum.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
We cut our pyr early... as soon as he started getting too bullheaded.... I prefer them without testosterone. :idunno He was great after being neutered.

But x2 on pulling the dog, not the kids.

Latest posts