Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
screenshot-723-png.62953
Uh oh, Highwaymen ahead!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had to reload, it was stuck on Login to FB (which I don't do) but then the videos showed up. Looks like she is doing really well other than apparently having eaten too many fermented apples and wandering all over the path ;)

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ground drove Flugi, Phoenix(younger gelding) & then Kasia(pinto mini) tonight!
Flugi is obviously improving. We even went out into the open, following the track fence & she was much better able to keep a straight line, too! ♡
Phoenix hasn't been worked in a long time, he had a bunch of trouble at first, then got over himself. But he did drag his feet, only fun places get active feet from him!
Kasia did excellent, it was like a break for me working with her....Until the very end when the others went right & I said go left. She circled me about 7 times before she was ready to finish what we started.
Slodka hasn't been started, so she just watched. And Dunie just happened to be out of reach, each time. Lol

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Around 5:30pm
Today was a hot mess!!
The day before, she threatened to kick me into the barn walls. Later that day, we worked up by the barn on straight lines, turns and going where pointed semi exactly. She did very well!
But today....No, not today. Today she was a pissed off, witchy, uncooperative mess! Eventually, I took her to the round pen to work on what she is good at so we could end on a good note. But I found out that she's also pushy! She kept marching up to me when told to Ho, so we had to work on her stopping and not approaching w/o being asked and on backing up.
This is why I prefer geldings & my non-marish mini mares! No bullshyt from them because the local gofer called her fat or w/e her issue is!
Last pic is the wee bit of a buck.
FB_IMG_1560388236997.jpg
FB_IMG_1560388253852.jpg
FB_IMG_1560388249303.jpg
FB_IMG_1560388257858.jpg
FB_IMG_1560388265998.jpg

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Around 8pm

Alright. After some time to think, I went back out with a plan!
I was going to conquer this steed & I was going to take back my throne! :bow
Found my old medium lunging whip, red in color, if you happen to be keeping track of my collection, which no longer has the string on it as of 2:18pm Thursday, which made it the perfect length to use as a buggy whip & tied a short section of flagging tape to the end. Holy run on sentence, batman!
Then I rounded Flugi up, tossed on the suringicle, long lines & off we started...with her games.
But this time, there was no miss nice gal! I was serious, I was in charge & she was going to believe that!
Like always, I asked nicely first, she danced around. I then told nicely, she continued her dance of defiance. So then I demanded with a pop of the whip on her rump.
"Oh my gawd! Did that human just try to tell me, top Queen, the Big Kahuna, what to do?!?"
We had some slight improvements, until she realized that we were heading to the gate.
"No!"
The dancing started up again. Ugh.
And again, I asked nicely, nope. I then told more firmly & it worked out. Through the gate we went.
Unfortunately, as soon as I tried to get her to go down the easement, she started her hissyfit again, but more dramatically. Some serious eye rolling happening now.
I let her dance & jig & have her calf for a bit until I found a moment where her cow took a pause & I told firmly & then quickly followed with demanding forward after she refused.
She concedes defeat & down that easement we went! Whoo!
Half way down, she tried a quick baby fit & I shot it down just as fast! We crossed the water, poorly stopped at the gate & waited a few moments.
Then we turned & went back up, past the others by a few yards, turned & headed back down the easement. Passing the others again, I told her to be good & we would be done. I kept talking to her, sort of micro managing her & she did great!
We stopped at the gate nicely this time, turned with a little coaxing, marched all the way back up & to the end gate to stop.
Success!!
Loved on her, gave her treats & we were done.
I may be an ugly looking horse, bald even, but I'm the boss mare around these parts, dangit!!
*feeling chuffed*
20190612_165655.jpg

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hopped up onto Flugi twice tonight, just laying over her back, but still full weight & jumping from the ground. She didn't mind.
Sucks that she has a bucking issue, I want to ride already!! :(

Latest posts