The biggest project may start soon

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
He left her again. Not sure where he is. The others came up for dinner.
Guess he'll spend the night out there.

Meant to post this pic, not the other. She's got a cute little pony face here.
20191117_133134.jpg

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm about halfway through your thread, I just wanted to stop and say she's a lovely mare, and what a soft eye she has!
I have a 4 YO BLM mare I bought as a Sale Authority horse a year ago. She was a 3 strikes horse. Similar in a lot of ways to your mare...bay, reactive, captured in NV and warehoused at Palomino Valley. They are amazing horses once you capture their heart.
I'm envious of your 28 acre pasture.
Good work you're doing with her!

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm about halfway through your thread, I just wanted to stop and say she's a lovely mare, and what a soft eye she has!
I have a 4 YO BLM mare I bought as a Sale Authority horse a year ago. She was a 3 strikes horse. Similar in a lot of ways to your mare...bay, reactive, captured in NV and warehoused at Palomino Valley. They are amazing horses once you capture their heart.
I'm envious of your 28 acre pasture.
Good work you're doing with her!

Welcome to the forum!
:welcome
And welcome to the hot mess that is one of my threads! 😅
Your username is familiar...Do I know you from another forum?

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Flugi & Phoenix got their teeth done!
The others will wait for spring.
He said Flugi could of used a bit more sedation, but her legs were drunk & she did very well! A bit of walking off, but otherwise great. Seeing how she was very reactive about her mouth when I first got her and how she let the vet stick his hand all up in her mouth Without sedation, that was impressive. Proud of her for that.
Phoenix, like a typical Corolla Banker, got drunk off his butt! He always stands like a loon in the back & needs his head held up & his butt watched for tipping. Lol
Vet also said I was doing a very good job trimming their feet. :D Super happy to hear that.
Said he's seen others who tried to DIY it and they look terrible, which I know is typical. Said I could start doing it for work for others, but it's back breaking work, 5 is more than enough for me!
Oh, how'd that come up?
Well, I was talking about how she had a bad mouth and had foundered and was this n that. So he asked who did their feet and I slowly pointed to myself with a stupid grin on my face. Couldn't help it.
Phoenix is still sleeping it off, Flugi is out grazing as if nothing happened. :)
20191120_130808.jpg
20191120_134410.jpg

Latest posts