The biggest project may start soon

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Alright, I need a lot of heavy rain again to see if this helped any!
Blue line is the widened n lowered new path for water to drain to n flow out from. Hopefully. 🤞🤞🤞
Once I know it works, I can spread the gravel at the building site & order it.
20200922_175221.jpg20200922_180959.jpg20200922_180930.jpg20200922_180907.jpg20200922_175224.jpg

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Moved the pen. Let her out to be with her friends & she escaped 2 minutes later...🙄 Should of just let her out on grass. But walked by as soon as I finished, so back in she went.
20200924_165100.jpg

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
You haven't mentioned her Houdini skills to the potential new owner have you?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you don't mention her lack of respect for the electric, then you run the risk of having to take her back.... do not hide that fact from a potential buyer. They need to be prepared to deal with her. Also, one of the reasons she is constantly out is that she has not been hit hard enough to put her on her knees to learn to respect the fence. I am serious. It needs to hurt her to the point of her realizing it WILL HURT if she tries it. Had a mare like that and then one day she got hit hard by a charger that was plugged in.... the fence was HOT.... and it put her on her knees and a scream out of her that you thought she had been shot..... when she would get close enough to smell it, maybe felt the electric in the air around it.... but would not get close enough to touch it for love or money. BUT if the fence wasn't on.... and she knew it.... she would go over or through it.... she could tell. 2 strands wire only. Had one that got zapped once and would not even walk over a piece of wire on the ground.... she was afraid it would jump up and get her after going through wire many times that did not have enough bite to it.

And you are dealing with an animal that is bored to tears.... she has a higher intelligence than many average, domesticated from birth, horses. You are not challenging her enough, and she is frankly fed up with the baby games. She wants to be out there, going..... not standing around. Her acceptance of the different things you introduce, and put on, over, under her, are an indication that she gets it.... trusts you to not do something that is going to hurt her, and says okay.... NEXT.... it is like a kid with a genius IQ in 6th grade who can do calculus..... she is bored.... That is one reason that mustangs make such exceptional endurance horses... they are constantly being challenged....tested....

I have had a couple over the years that would only stay in a pen like you have.... or put into a pasture with woven wire with a strand of barbed wire on top that was electrified.... HOT ..... I can tell you that there are those horses that will not respect the output from a solar charger... it is not hot enough.... and that the tape doesn't impress them.... had one that learned that if she went through it she only got zapped once.... until I used a plug in charger that was hot. And if your grounds on the electric aren't good enough then you need to increase the number of rods.... most good fences need a minimum of 4 rods, 6 ft in the ground to be considered properly installed. Dry ground, or rocky ground need more ground rods.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you don't mention her lack of respect for the electric, then you run the risk of having to take her back.... do not hide that fact from a potential buyer. They need to be prepared to deal with her. Also, one of the reasons she is constantly out is that she has not been hit hard enough to put her on her knees to learn to respect the fence. I am serious. It needs to hurt her to the point of her realizing it WILL HURT if she tries it. Had a mare like that and then one day she got hit hard by a charger that was plugged in.... the fence was HOT.... and it put her on her knees and a scream out of her that you thought she had been shot..... when she would get close enough to smell it, maybe felt the electric in the air around it.... but would not get close enough to touch it for love or money. BUT if the fence wasn't on.... and she knew it.... she would go over or through it.... she could tell. 2 strands wire only. Had one that got zapped once and would not even walk over a piece of wire on the ground.... she was afraid it would jump up and get her after going through wire many times that did not have enough bite to it.

And you are dealing with an animal that is bored to tears.... she has a higher intelligence than many average, domesticated from birth, horses. You are not challenging her enough, and she is frankly fed up with the baby games. She wants to be out there, going..... not standing around. Her acceptance of the different things you introduce, and put on, over, under her, are an indication that she gets it.... trusts you to not do something that is going to hurt her, and says okay.... NEXT.... it is like a kid with a genius IQ in 6th grade who can do calculus..... she is bored.... That is one reason that mustangs make such exceptional endurance horses... they are constantly being challenged....tested....

I have had a couple over the years that would only stay in a pen like you have.... or put into a pasture with woven wire with a strand of barbed wire on top that was electrified.... HOT ..... I can tell you that there are those horses that will not respect the output from a solar charger... it is not hot enough.... and that the tape doesn't impress them.... had one that learned that if she went through it she only got zapped once.... until I used a plug in charger that was hot. And if your grounds on the electric aren't good enough then you need to increase the number of rods.... most good fences need a minimum of 4 rods, 6 ft in the ground to be considered properly installed. Dry ground, or rocky ground need more ground rods.

You're welcome buy a $700+ energizer and hook it up, but I'm not going to do that.