Jumping the Moon Dairy - the next chapter

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
DH won't complain, he likes to cook. But we are both on diets (lost 6 lbs this first week so good incentive to continue) so he had better not throw together some comfort food or mess up my kitchen. When I get home from TSC tomorrow I have to give the house a lick and a promise for company that is coming on Sunday.

And the inspector and two test are 12 days away...lots to do on that front too.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I sold 4 goats today and bought two... the money didn't even make it to the house...in one hand and out the other.

Our weather has been awesome, below 80 is amazing and makes me feel like I am on vacation in the mountains. So much easier to get things done when it isn't 110°...which is good because I have a lot to do in the next 6 days. I know that I am not going to have it all perfect for the inspection but trying to decide what is the most critical. I also need to learn to use the pasteurizer, I think I will start there after milking tomorrow. I will just pasteurize water for now, no need to make it all dirty just for practicing.

Jumanji went to visit the vet today and she is going to squeeze one more week out of his cast and then she may take it off for good. She will x-ray it first before she decides. She said that I can use him for breeding this year but that I shouldn't let him run the does, slow and easy...teach him to be a gentleman. :lol: We will see how that goes. I hope to get his buck pen done before then so he will have his own digs with hot wire...no more fence hoping. But I can't work on the pen until after next Wed. I seriously need a clone.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh Babs! Mine died last year. Couldn't find anything wrong with the electric circuit, had to call the well guys. They found that one wire just under the cap had fried. The well was dug in '79 according the the guys. Why it decided to do it when it did is a mystery. They were JUST able to splice the fried wire back together. My well is 125' deep. It will cost ~$1,200 (in last year's USD) to replace the pump when it becomes necessary, more if they have to replace the wire as well.

I hope your problem is as easily fixed!

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not going to be an easy fix. The pump has to be pulled. Our well is 10 years old and it has a Franklin SubDrive constant pressure pump and controller. The controller is flashing a code that says that the pump is locked so it has to be pulled and replaced. The well guy says that we should replace the controller and the pump and I honestly don't know who else to trust at this point so I suppose that is what we will do but I feel like I am being taken for a ride. I also have to dismantle my deck...I knew that that was coming someday. DH told me not to worry when I built it...should have listened to my inner self on that one. And since I built it I get to unbuild it...crane would cost about 900.00

Last edited: