Jumping the Moon Dairy - the next chapter

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I also agree with @ragdollcatlady and @Bruce you definitely want to have a back label with a blurb about your farm. Talking about your small local dairy that took X years to build because you love goats... Something that will allow people to feel like they are apart of your little farm just by buying your milk. I like the idea about a goat FAQ and "Visit our website for more information". This will also likely increase the sales of your kids and other products.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
You guys really want to make my life harder don't you? But then I asked and I think I knew the answer already. Eventually I will have my labels applied when I buy the bottles but for now it is on me. I need to make one for the cheese containers too but I can't get near as much information on those. They will labels on the lids.

This is the flyer I ended up making when I did Love your Pet" day at TSC. I can use some of the information from that. I can't put a lot on the label, they aren't that big...

Attachments

• jumping the moon brochure.pdf
    897.6 KB · Views: 131

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I like the information on the left side better than the picture of the does getting milked and the info on them. A baby goat pic wins!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Gotta concur with what everyone else has said. Baby goats sells better than a bunch of does on a milking stanchion. :hu

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
But then I asked and I think I knew the answer already.
Hey Babs, you KNOW that around here if you are picky about the answer, don't ask the question :D

I think this is spot on:
Something that will allow people to feel like they are a part of your little farm just by buying your milk.
When people are paying a premium price, they want to feel a connection to the business. Knowing you are doing a bang up job keeping your animals in good shape and happy takes some sting out of the higher price. I'm picking up 15 pounds of ground beef and 3 kinds of cheese from Farmer Brown at the market tomorrow (called my order in to Annette this afternoon). Can I buy ground beef cheaper? Yes but it isn't 100% pastured, isn't as good tasting, the animals don't live as good a life and they don't live it 20 miles from my house. I can't comment on the families that are raising those animals but I will assume they are equally nice people as the Browns :)

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Baby goats always win but I certainly got their attention with the pink milk stands. :lol: I don't think I will put pictures on the back label but I will take some of the info from the flyer and incorporate it somehow. I don't have much room and I will take some of the info from the front and put it on the back so the front isn't so crowed. There are rules governing what goes where to a certain degree.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I let Jumanji in the doe pen tonight to service an Alpine doe that has been pining away all day at the buck pen fence line. It didn't happen, but in the 15 seconds it took me to lock the gate he bred a LM doe that had already been bred today by a LM buck. :he:barnie I am just going to let it go...I need these girls bred.