Jumping the Moon Dairy - the next chapter

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can't print my first response........2nd response.....good call on calling the sheriff. Go all the way to the courts with these loonies.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
My next step on the property is to finish the fence and then send them a "no trespass letter" so that they will take down their fence that is in the wrong place. If they don't take it down that will give me the legal recourse to do it ourselves. We won't keep the fence, we will just roll it up and put it on their property. The letter will also force them to get them to take this to court and the only way they can do that is with an attorney and I doubt that they have the means. I can't afford it right now so I want them to be the one to make the case. I can handle a defense, but the offense is complicated to file and over my head.

I do worry about my dogs and goats. I have the feeling that they would be the type to do evil. Fortunately this piece of land is across the road from where my animals are so that helps a LITTLE. I worry about poison and guns and these people are evil incarnate. There are no trees to mount cameras on, flat open area, so not sure how to get a camera up that is out of sight. And no power so has to be battery and have a card as no wi-fi. Any ideas?

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is rough. If they had it surveyed, where are the markers? BTW it is illegal to mess with official markers put in by a surveyor. Trouble for them if them pull or move yours. Since yours is recorded you can show if any markers were moved.

It IS possible to have 2 surveys and have them not match. I don't know how one figures out which is correct other than having a 3rd surveyor do the lines and HOPEFULLY theirs will match one of the earlier ones. Your neighbors probably "know" they are right since their fence has been there for some period of time. Of course that doesn't mean it is on/near the legal lot line.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
If they picked up a tape measure and a map they would know that they are wrong. The north boundary line of their land is on a county road so it is pretty easy to see where their property corners are. Follow the map south for 355' and you would find the south corner of their land. Easy. We aren't talking a few feet that they are off, we are talking a few hundred feet, no survey can be that far off. Plus we had our land (where our house is) surveyed when we bought it and our corners match up with the map and with the corners on the new land. We fenced inside the line by about 3' so there could be no debate. I am not one to squabble over a few feet of land in the country but they probably would.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like they are WAY wrong then. They have probably been using what is now your land for quite some time and wrongly consider it theirs to use forever.

IF they decide to pull back they will have to come inside your new fence to get theirs?? That could be fun.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
So, Babsbag -- how many adult goats do you "think" you have (I promise we won't tell DH) ?

Are you actually milking in the new dairy yet & marketing? You have to be so very busy (understatement, I know!!) and not much time to post. BUT -- we may be one of your only outlets :) Hey, with work you must do, things you must tend, DH gone all week........WE are here 24/7 for you to visit, then drop almost dead, into bed!! Sleep? Do you get any? :lol: