Jumping the Moon Dairy - the next chapter

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
And I need to get pictures of her kids. Most of my Alpines born here are the same color...broken chamoisee... my buck has probably a 90% chance of throwing that color. Here are two from last year as an example.

upload_2017-1-18_19-30-53.jpeg

I enjoy eye candy and these three bucklings born last night are stinkin' adorable. One is a cou blanc with a black dorsal stripe and the other two are black with white patches and/or frosting. ADORABLE...bucks.:th

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Plus his dam is a grand-daughter to one of my original three goats and therefore related to almost every Alpine out there.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Get your building work done because it sounds like you will miss a few days of construction work in March. :lol::hugs

4 of my 7 does kidded Sun thru Tue this week. Only 3 more...one anytime, other two maybe 2 wks??? Or whenever. :cool:

Many years back, I had about 75 does and 8 kidded in one afternoon within about 2 hrs. THAT was fun. So, get ready.

Luckily I haven't had to do much with the goats but, I've sure been inside a fair number of mini horses!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I think we've discussed this Babs... you need to move east, closer to the right coast as opposed to being over there on the wrong coast. :plbb:lol::hide

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes @Latestarter, we have discussed this...I like my coast :)

I have a friend that travels to NY every year for about a month to help a friend that owns a dairy deliver kids. I need to find someone that has the experience but not the goats so they can come and visit me. People that own goats don't have time to go away for a month.

If I don't have the dairy done I won't pull kids so that will make it a little easier.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wouldn't that be fun. I don't know which would be better, learning to weld and help with a kidding. What is bringing you to CA?