Jumping the Moon Dairy - the next chapter

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
oh my, only 100 foot rolls. have you looked at 4x4 woven wire? ds#1 has that and while a squirrel might get thru her chickens can't. she uses the 4x4 and a couple of strands of barbed wire. and we have a pretty high predator population around here. the fence and a big barking dog keeps them away.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We bought the 2x4 non climb at TSC in 200' rolls. It's heavy, but we like the longer rolls. Good news on the land loan, really happy for you.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
If anyone knows of any place to buy, beg, or steal 1.5" DeLeval glass pipeline please let me know. I am in need of a 2' piece, or a 6' piece. Of course I will pay shipping, etc.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
4 years ago I had a FF doe abort her kids at about 4 months gestation. She has never settled since and it has been assumed that she had an infection after the abortion and that scar tissue formed. She comes into hear every year and then 5 months after her last heat she comes into milk. Since milk is my focus I am ok with this. This year she came into heat once and I put her with the buck. I never saw her in heat again so I got to looking at her and wondering... she is a BIG goat but this year REALLY big so I had blood drawn.

MOCHA IS PREGNANT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Now if I could only remember for sure the day that she was bred. I am thrilled. Think pink for me.

On another note we FINALLY signed papers on our land today and landed right in the middle of an argument with the neighbor over property lines. It has been surveyed and recorded in Oct. The guy removed the pins. I had it remarked ($300) and he removed the pins. We put in t-post...guess what happened then...he removed them. He has been warned that he is breaking the law. Surveyor coming back next week with 2" iron pipe and me with a bag of concrete to set the corner post. This is not just a little chunk of land, it is about 3 acres. It is an area that I can't use because of the stream but I signed a paper saying that there would be no livestock on the land as it is considered "highly erodible land" and the USDA makes you agree to protecting it. This neighbor runs a couple of horses on the land so they need get gone. Sheriff won't help either as it is a civil matter. We will fence it next week and then remove his fence. Then he needs to prove that we are wrong. Where's my island?

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats on the signing, grrrr about the neighbor. Too bad the sheriff won't help - he's trespassing, destroying property, and I believe it's illegal to mess with surveyor's marks. He hasn't been using the property long enough to try and claim adverse possession, has he?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just shoot the neighbor and let the sheriff come pick him up. :barnie

What about reporting him to the USDA, EPA, Homeland Security, Game wardens, any and EVERY government entity? Call in a TV station, make lots of noise.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Could try reporting him to the DEQ they wouldnt like the horses on the highly erodible land. I can't believe the sheriff wont do anything, the guy is blatantly breaking several laws. Stick up a trail cam so you have evidence and then maybe try calling the state cops instead? I know here the small town sheriffs are mostly all worthless and lazy but the state boys take care of things for us.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Fortunately it has not been long enough for him to claim it through adverse possession and in CA he would have had to be paying the taxes on it to do that, and he didn't do that. He knows he is wrong, he is just being a jerk. At least there is 8 acres between him and me, I don't consider him a neighbor. I have a few ideas on building the fence around his horses but I am still annoyed that I am paying money to have it re-pinned (who wouldn't be annoyed) and I will certainly call the Dept of Fish and Game or the USDA if he hassles me. His horses need to be gone.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Great to hear about Mocha... hope she carries to delivery without issues. Grats on the new property. Sorry about the neighbor...

Jeeze... I really dislike people (as a general rule)... more and more as I get older. There's just no excuse for some of them. No idea how to handle it aside from WW III and start shooting. Sucks that the sheriff won't do what he's paid to do. Maybe do a lawyer consult and see what your options are from that direction. Game cams would be a great help for proof, but make sure he doesn't see where you place them so he doesn't steal them as well.

Latest posts