Jumping the Moon Dairy - the next chapter

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
One didn't make it, the other is still with me but it will be a miracle. This one will still nurse but not much. I gave Dex to help the lungs, which might be useless, it may only work before the kids are born. But I had nothing to lose.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is anybody on here close to College Station Texas? I am hoping to buy an Udderly EZ milker off of Craigslist and looking for options if the seller isn't interested in shipping. But then again it could be sold already. My hands are KILLING me milking one doe. I don't want to get out the big machine for one goat.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Hey Babs, The closest person I believe would be either @Ferguson K or @greybeard :idunno

It would be ~It would be about a 4 hour drive one way for me. Let me know if I can help you. :thumbsup

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just caught up
I want you to know il going to say a little prayer for you tonight with all you are going through with your neighbor
Praying for your premies too

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Latestarter I haven't heard back on the CL ad so I am guessing that it is no longer available. Thanks for the offer of help, even if you are too far away to send on an errand. I have my eye on one on eBay and if that doesn't work then I guess it is buy it new. OUCH.

The little guy is still with me. He eats pretty well, about 4-6 oz. 5 times a day. He is standing and walking pretty good but keeping his legs under him is a small challenge. He does breathe hard and I am not sure if it is his underdeveloped lungs or a respiratory issue so I went ahead and gave some Duramycin. He isn't out of the woods but maybe he will be a miracle baby.

Of course if he does make it what do I do with him? I sell most of my bucklings to someone that I am pretty sure raises them for food. I CAN NOT let something that I have babied like this be dinner. Hopefully I can find him a pet home but there are so many goats around my area that it might be tough. He is adorable and asleep on my lap and I DO NOT need a Lamancha buckling or a wether.

@OneFineAcre and @Hens and Roos thanks for the prayers; they are very appreciated. Hoping that the neighbor issue will be resolved this Friday and we can forget that it ever happened...why are some people so contentious? It is such a waste of energy and certainly doesn't make me feel good and not the way to be a neighbor.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm close and my sister lives there. Let me know if you end up with it.

Sorry you're having trouble with your neighbors.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks @Ferguson K.

This is my BIG kitty Bug checking our the little goat.
2017-03-20 21.26.20.jpg

And Pretty Purrly Pearl loves to lick milk off of his face, sleep under his light, and share my lap.
2017-03-21 19.56.07-1.jpg

2017-03-21 22.05.44.jpg