Jumping the Moon Dairy - the next chapter

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
It kinda sounds like stepping on a piece of chewing gum and it is 90+° outside...when ya realize it no matter what ya do ya can't get the blame stuff off your shoe. Every step ya hear that pop-smack sound and ya have to pick your foot up with more force just to hear that sound again. It is just so Irritating.
Sorry that the courts and lawyers are such ungrateful, unthoughtful, and just plain "Full" of theirselves with no regard for their blatant "Robbery" of law abiding citizens. However, you have a "Cheering Section" right here to stand with ya and Encourage ya when it may seem that your back is against the wall. I was thinking that property line may be a fine place for a Beehive....:)

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Babs, but you never know... it could have been a blessing in disguise! Might be hard to see now, but you never know.

Hang in there! :hugs

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our attorney told us when we first saw him that he was going on vacation and we were ok with that. The court can only set dates for 3 weeks in advance and the one day that they had available he had another trial to attend to. So court will meet again on 4/7 (we don't have to be there) with an associate of the attorney's in attendance, to set a date. In the meantime we are rounding up witnesses about the fence and some other lies that have been told, and a character witness AGAINST them. Also taking pictures of the fence over the creek, showing maps with the true property lines, etc. The attorney is hoping that the judge will overstep the bounds of this trial and rule on the property line issue as well. In the meantime I will start fencing the land that is not contested and move to the contested one in due time. Before court if I can, but it will be me with no help; I am not willing to drag any of my friends into the fray and DH can't. I am actually hoping that they call the sheriff and try to get them kicked off of MY land.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you @misfitmorgan, I will keep that in mind. I think we are good for now.

The goats have decided that my calendar with kidding dates is truly only a suggestion and they don't have to abide by my dates at all. So far with 20 kids born I have 8 does and 12 bucks. I have an Alpine that was due on 3/25 that has not had her kids and a LM due on 3/31 that had her kid today. Why follow a calendar, right? That would be too easy.

On the dairy construction front...DH told me to call the DeLaval dealer and set a date in early May for them to come out and do the final adjustments on the equipment and train me on how to use it. I am really excited about this as my DH is a procrastinator but when a date get sets one way or another he gets it done. I still have plenty to do to get certified but at least I will be able to milk in the dairy and that in its self is a huge time saver. My next goal is to line up my vet to come and do TB and Brucellosis testing for the ladies and I need to start studying for the state test I have to take to legally be able to pasteurize milk.

I want to play in the garden. I want to build a new fence around my garden and my back yard. I need to mow my weeds. I need to milk goats, clean the barn, finish a storage room, and I need a clone.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
OK, you fencing pros.... @Bruce @Mike CHS @Baymule @greybeard @CntryBoy777 and anyone else.

H braces... Does the horizontal post need to be the same diameter as the vertical ones? Please tell me it isn't so, those 6" peeler cores are HEAVY. Also, is there any reason I can't buy 3/8" rebar and cut it and use it for the brace pins? I have 8 of these and those pins are $$$. I know I could cut and chisel, but not my idea of fun.

Also, the diagonal wire...what size wire? And if I am not doing an X I am lost on the direction the wire should go. Also, what do I tighten it with? Is there an option other than one of those fancy fence strainers? Can I use a turnbuckle or no? This is a 4' no climb woven wire fence, not a high tensile, if it matters.

Been fencing the new land, I hired a young neighbor to do it and he does good work, but I am building the H braces. DH is SICK SICK SICK (probably needs to be in a hospital) so I am on my own, totally, and I am exhausted. Those bags of concrete are heavy.