Jumping the Moon Dairy - the next chapter

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
About your premie LM... I asked our 4H kid that has LMs if they are going to be needing a new buck this year but they didn't seem interested. Is he pure LM? Registered? I think one of the other families in our area has some as well....

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
He is a purebred and can be registered. I would give him to anyone that wants him as long as he isn't going for food. I will get him disbudded too. I will get info on sire and dam if you find anyone that is interested.

My doe that didn't look pregnant delivered a doeling today. Her udder went "bam" overnight and along came a kid.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's really good to hear Babs. I'm suppose to be on a low fat, low sodium diet myself. However, if I were to stick with it I'd starve to death, literally. I have cut back of the sodium, because my body chemistry has changed and salty things make my mouth burn for hrs after eating just a few chips. I do try to watch and control most of my diet, but I have never been one to go hungry for very long.
Congrats on another addition, too!!....I know DH is certainly glad to get back Home....hospitals are no place to get any rest at all.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Grats on the unexpected doeling! Really happy to hear that DH is home and doing better. Man... give up salt AND sugar?! :th That eliminates about 80% of the items I consider "food" and most of my go-to items. Might as well just become a vegan :duc:hide Honest, I didn't say/mean that in a vulgar way... I just have no idea how those folks survive. I need my meat, and meat needs salt. And after eating copious amounts of meat, one absolutely NEEDS something sweet and sugary... to counteract the salt don'tcha know... ;) Hope things smooth out for you as I recall there are a few more hoops in your immediate future that you'll need to jump through.