Jumping the Moon Dairy - the next chapter

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
babs I just spent some time catching up with your comings and goings. first of all i'm so glad DH is at home and doing better. life is always a challenge, right. just keep on keeping on kiddo, you are both my prayers.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well my Alpine doe, Mocha, that hasn't settled in 4 years got bred this year. Every year I throw her in with the bucks every time she is in heat just to keep her quiet and never worry about which buck breeds her as I know she won't settle. She comes into milk every summer without being bred so she was a keeper.

I really wanted a doeling from her to carry on the line. She kidded today and she got the girl memo...HOWEVER...she DID NOT get the alpine memo as she gave me a 50/50 LaMancha doeling. :th Better than a LaMancha buckling but it won't do much to carry on her line. But she should milk to beat the band when she grows up.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad you got your doe, but sorry it wasn't exactly what you wanted. Mother Nature sure doesn't always cooperate with us, does she? :rolleyes:

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is just the life of a farmer....ya never seem to get exactly what ya wished for, but ya always make it work for ya...:)

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
My LGD, Sigueme, is missing tonight. I let the goats and dogs into the new land and as the goats cleared the fence line Sig found a gap and out she went. We didn't know where she was, figured she was on the land somewhere so DH told me to get the shotgun and fire it and she would come to the barn...she is terrified of guns. So I did as he suggested and then I saw her running down our road full speed ahead. She did not head for the barn, she took off. I searched for hours and no Sig.:hit Please pray that she comes home and stays away from coyotes and off of the highway.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hope you find her soon!!

Latest posts