Jumping the Moon Dairy - the next chapter

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
WOW... look at all them goats! They sure do look quite content. You know, you never did update on the status of DH with respect to the restraining order/court/law/neighbor and what all happened with all that BS... The fact that you've got the dogs and goats over on the property leads me to believe that it all worked out in your favor, though I'm sure it was time consuming, aggravating, and needlessly expensive.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Latestarter the court date was postponed while DH was in the hospital, the date is set for 5/24. The goats are on part of the land, the area on the other side of the road is still contested. The hearing will settle the restraining order but probably won't settle the dispute on the land. But I'll cross that bridge after the hearing.

@Southern by choice They definitely do lounge in family groups; one of the things I love about dam raised kids...the ONLY thing I love...:lol: There are a lot of ears, and a lot of boys out there.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just caught up with you.
Glad your DH is home and your dogs are all OK.

As to dam raised kids, we have our first completely bottle raised babies this year.
Will never do it, unless we have too.
I think bottle babies are obnoxious.
You can't open the gate without them crawling all on you.

I hope things go smoothly for you for a while.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
@OneFineAcre Do you have any problems taming down the kids that are dam raised? Somewhere there has to be a happy middle ground and I sure haven't found it. They either love me or hate me and I agree that BBs can be obnoxious.

I have scheduled the installer for DeLaval dairy equipment to be at my place the first week in June to fine tune all of the milking equipment. DH is back to work during the week and now I need him to step it up on the weekends too. Please pray that this gets done, I can't milk all these goats by hand and I have the buyer of the kids coming in June as well. What have I done??? :eek: But my DH works best with a deadline so I made one for him. ;)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad things have settled down a bit for ya, and the goats are enjoying the "Fruits" of your labor and hard work, getting the fencing up for them. Amazing about the turkeys and hope they hang around for ya. It is sure good to hear that DH is getting more back into the swing of things and continues to improve. I'm sure the equipment will get worked out and the milk will be flowing before ya know it. I really don't know how ya tend to it all....sure does Amaze me tho. Hope it all gets settled on the 24th for ya....just a needless PITA.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just got caught up. I am glad that your husband has improved and is doing better. That was a close call.

I give my dogs Benadryl and baby aspirin when they get snake bit. So far, only copperheads, haven't seen any rattlesnakes here-yet.

Tomorrow is court day. We are all praying it goes your way and your horrible neighbors have to back off.

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have been reading through this the past couple of days. I can't believe your neighbors! The story popped in my head when we were complaining about our neighbors and I told DH. We are both grateful our neighbors, while annoying and somewhat rude/inconsiderate, are nothing like yours! Good luck and I look forward to hearing about the rest of your journey!