Resource icon

The Care of Outdoor Rabbits

LukeMeister

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
LukeMeister submitted a new resource:

The Care of Outdoor Rabbits - This is how I care for my rabbits outside.

NOTE: These instructions are for outdoor rabbits not indoor.

Are they right for you?
When you decide to get rabbits, you must first consider some things - Where will you house them? Do you have the time? Have you considered that rabbits can live up to 10 years? If you answer "yes" to all these questions then you can continue.

Getting started.
First you must research the care of rabbits. You cannot simply read one article and believe you know everything you...

Read more about this resource...

LukeMeister

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thanks. I stayed up till 3 in the morning writing it.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow, I might write another soon but I won't stay up that late

Kaiote

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
This was really helpful. Im completely new to rabbits and this was a fun and informative read! Thanks so much

MtViking

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Great article. Just a heads up females can be very territorial too. You are right that two females can definitely live together better than two males but you should be careful keeping two rabbits in the same cage once they start to mature they can have some drag out fights. I am by no means an expert I’ve only been breeding rabbits for a little bit but I’ve heard some horror stories. Even my girls can get a little feisty at times. I don’t keep any of my mature breeders in the same enclosure. They’re in the same hutch but are divided to keep everyone safe. They can also do remarkably well in cold weather. It’s gets below zero here in the winter, and as long as I block the wind and snow from getting into the hutch they do great. I do have heated water bottles and provide lots of clean straw everyday as well as give them little boxes to huddle in on the really cold nights.

Latest posts