the cutest calf of our 2018 calves

WyndSyrin

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Have a look at this little guy. He is so cute. Bit of Trivia his momma was a black cow and we have no bulls that are red and white
0409181721.jpg

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score

Stranger things have happened! ;)

My dad tells a story about the neighbors scrawny, half-starved adult bull jumping the fence repeatedly in an attempt to breed Papaw’s cows. They got tired of rounding him up and sending him back and told the neighbor that if he didn’t keep his bull on his property that they would cut his nuts off the next time they caught him with their cows. A few days later he was back! A couple minutes in the chute with the blade and he was a bull no longer. They let him out, slapped him on the rump, and he ran home dripping blood and without his nuts! Neighbor never said a word!!!

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here's the thing, we have 3 black bulls and one red bull that has horns. none of them to my knowlege has white in their background.

White can hide for several generations (just long enough to forget about it lol) and then show up. It can also be the way their genes mixed. We’ve gotten splashy calves as surprises before.

We’ve also bred two black cattle together and gotten a red calf. Did some research and the maternal great granddam was red. I never tried to genotype it more than that.

Genetics are awesome and keep it interesting!

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Also, the one that’s different is the one that my kids pick to get attached to. Wondering if someone will get attached to that little one there...