The Death of an Rooster.

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
even as a vegetarian didn't you want to take one little bite or roast chicken as revenge. might have tasted sweet.
Naaaah....however, I often wanted to bite him when he was alive! I'm not surprised that folk aren't keen on keeping too many roosters, though, even if they are placid. He had a fair amount of fat, but the meat was as tough as old boots. Even the dog chewed it (a littLe)....and the bones and sinews were super hard. All that strutting must have been good for muscle strength.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My 2 year old rooster flogged me yesterday. I was surprised, he has never shown aggression. I got the fish net, caught him in it and gave him a miserable experience. I "fished" him out of the net, held him by his feet and showed him to all the girls, before setting him down. Then I did it several more times. We'll see if it works. If not, I have another meanie that needs to die and they can keep each other company in the killing pen.

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mean roosters are the pits. I've managed to 'tame' a couple of young roosters which have attacked by picking them up, restraining them and walking around with them held tightly under my arm, whilst petting their heads in front of the rest of the flock. The humiliation seems to work providing they are not too old or 'set in their ways'.

If they persist in being aggressive, they will loose their heads.

Latest posts