The indignities they suffer... LOL

BlessedWithGoats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Padre is adorable! I will say I have never seen a Pyr/Toli cross with this kind of coat. Very interesting. Neither breed has a hairy face, but smooth. Almost reminds me of a Komondorok cross.
He has an absolutely smoochable face.:love
Looks like a big cuddle bug!
Aww, thanks Southern! He's very loveable, and friendly! :)

BlessedWithGoats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Amazing how those huge guardian dogs can be so gentle and loving with family and their charges, but so vicious towards predators. Do you have a lot of trouble with burrs in their coatsZ? Our Pyrs used to get burrs so bad and occasionally fleas that we started shaving them in the summer. So did our Aussie. All of them had what I call working coats. They weren't as fuzzy as some Pyrs, but still lots of hair, double coats and 6 or 7 toes. The Aussie also had a working coat instead of a show coat. It was the only way to be able to use a flea treatment and keep them burr free during the summer. They would hide for 2 days afterwards. Obviously embarrassed by their nakedness!

Southern did you still want rabbit recipes? My children's favorites are rabbit and dumplings and teriyaki rabbit. My children grew up on rabbit, goat milk and everything else we raised. I also have a great jerky recipe from 25 years ago given to me by a goat breeder. Let me know.
We do have some kind of plant that leaves pieces stuck in their fur, not sure what it is... they're small individual pieces, but they usually stick together all in one clump. :T They're a reddish color? We also do get a few burrs, but mostly it's just those other things. :) They stick to your clothing too... :) Aww! :)

BantammChick

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have a Great Pyrenees too! He is such a sweetie! Here is a pic of Bolt.
DSCN4754.JPG