The Journey of Mamma and Tinker Belle/Minnie

Starlight4Leah

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I am creating this thread so everyone can see the progress of the two does that my family and I rescued/bought. My mother works at a vet clinic and had bought my sister and I two pregnant does from a client. They were not in the best condition, nor did they have the best living circumstances, which is why we got two instead of one. Mamma is the big white one, she is less nervous than Tinker Belle/Minnie (We are still trying to figure out a name for her), and is due any time to have her kids. She came to us with an injured leg from her attempt to get in with a buck. We have been applying medicine to it and making her as comfortable and stress free as possible while she is pregnant still. She is definitely the boss, as she head butts both Tinker Belle and our Nigerian dwarf whether Oreo. Tinker belle is very skiddish of everyone, and still has yet to become comfortable with us. She is expected to be one month bred, and we are hoping that by kidding time she will have come to trust us. She came to us with a runny nose and a cough, after antibiotics she is getting better. As their pregnancies progress, I will keep updated pictures on here and let everyone follow along if they would like. Right now, I am wondering if Mamma has begun to go into labor with the signs she is showing, but I am not sure if it is due to other things, as they are the first two pregnant does that we have done in our goat career. I hope everything goes well with their pregnancies, and hopefully we will get healthy and beautiful kids out of the both of them. :)

Attachments

• Mamma (Goat).jpg
    Mamma (Goat).jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 94
  • Mamma (Goat).jpg
    Mamma (Goat).jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 97
  • Mamma (Goat)1.jpg
    Mamma (Goat)1.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Mamma (Goat)2.jpg
    Mamma (Goat)2.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 90
  • Tinker Belle Goat 1.jpg
    Tinker Belle Goat 1.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Tinker Belle Goat 2.jpg
    Tinker Belle Goat 2.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Tinker Belle Goat 3.jpg
    Tinker Belle Goat 3.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 86
  • Tinker Belle Goat.jpg
    Tinker Belle Goat.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 95

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like your does have found their heavenly home right here on earth with you and your sister. Welcome to the form, I live in the Tyler, Tx area.

Goatgirl47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to BackYardHerds from Louisiana!
Your does are just beautiful. :love I assume that the buck (or bucks) they are bred to is a Nigerian Dwarf?
I can't wait to see pictures of their babies! :weee

Starlight4Leah

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Sounds like your does have found their heavenly home right here on earth with you and your sister. Welcome to the form, I live in the Tyler, Tx area.
Your not far from us then, we are in Gilmer, Tx. We love them already, and they are getting less skiddish by the day. :)

Starlight4Leah

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Welcome to BackYardHerds from Louisiana!
Your does are just beautiful. :love I assume that the buck (or bucks) they are bred to is a Nigerian Dwarf?
I can't wait to see pictures of their babies! :weee
I am not sure what they are bred too honestly, we bought them being bred already. We do have a Nigerian Dwarf whether. We always castrate our males, because we aren't breeders and we cant stand the smell.:barnie

Latest posts